Christa Castro Varela
Ambassador, Embassy of Honduras in Federal Republic of Germany, Berlin
Mrs. Christa Castro Varela has served as Ambassador of Honduras to Germany since July 2018.
In her professional experience in the public sector, she has served in several institutions such as: Ministry of Natural Resources
- Honduran Social Investment Fund
- Mayor’s Office of the Central District, and as Private Secretary of the Vice Mayor.
- Ministry of Social Development
- Executive Secretary of the Central American Commission for Environment and Development of the Central American Integration System (CCAD-SICA)
- Presidential Delegate for Climate Change, serving as Chief Negotiator of Honduras the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Minister of Communications and Presidential Strategy
- Primary and secondary education at the Liceo Franco Hondureño
- Bachelor degree at the Catholic University of Honduras, where she obtained her degree in Environmental Engineering
- Master's degree in Sanitary Engineering from the University of Cantabria, Spain
Speaks Spanish, French, English and German.